Saturday, February 13, 2010

Frankie Baby



Frank Sinatra, what a beeyoutiful name. Even more beautiful is that voice. The Voice. Yeah, Frank Sinatra is actually called "The Voice" as in "the voice of the 20th century." And what have you done lately? Well, Frank is drinking scotch in heaven somewhere and I can't think of anything better he should be doing. What's New is a gorgeously romantic song. Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry is still one of the saddest songs I've ever heard (my watery eyes must be wiped every time). And One For My Baby (And One More For the Road) is about the coolest thing you've ever heard. Think Casablanca meets The Godfather as sung by Old Blue Eyes. All of these classics appear on the 1958 record Frank Sinatra Sings for Only the Lonely. Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment